Episode 8: Children and Resiliency
Join us as we visit with Wonders & Worries Program Director, Kim Fryar, and discuss the various components of nurturing resiliency in children. In this episode we learn the important role of self-efficacy in building resiliency, the various tools that shape our ability to cope and how that growth can impact a child’s overall well-being.
- What Happened To You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience and Healing by Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey (2021)
- Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day by Jay Shetty (2020)
- Daniel Siegel’s Hand Model of the Brain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9CIJ74Oxw
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson (2012)
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel J. Siegel (2013)
- The Calm app/website: https://www.calm.com/