We’re Growing! Meet the New Faces at Wonders & Worries
Posted on Feb 2, 2018
Meet our New Board and Staff Members
As we expand our services across Texas and nationwide, our board and staff are growing too!
Suzanne lost her mother to a serious illness when she was just nine years old, and understands the impact of parental loss during childhood. Suzanne is the mother of two girls and is married to Craig Luthy.
Professionally, she graduated from the University of Texas and began a 17-year career with Dell, Inc. She has served as a board member for the Center for Child Protection, PTA President for Barton Hills Elementary, and on the Austin Community Foundation’s Hispanic Impact Fund.
Melissa’s connection to Wonders & Worries began when she was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2010. Wonders & Worries became a place where her two young sons could share their feelings through art and play.
Melissa works at McGinnis Lochridge, advising business entities on complex commercial transactions, corporate governance and financial transactions. In the area of electric energy, Melissa has more than 20 years of experience representing electric cooperatives and municipally owned utilities.
Learn more about Melissa and meet our other phenomenal board members.
Aleida has 12 years of experience as a certified child life specialist (CCLS). She has a degree in Human Development and Family Studies from the University of Houston.
Aleida serves Spanish-speaking families in Wonders & Worries’ San Antonio office by doing intakes and parent consultations as needed.
She is a huge Star Wars buff and movie fan. Learn more about Aleida and meet our other professional staff.
Deanna Smith joined Wonders & Worries’ San Antonio team with more than 12 years of experience as a certified child life specialist (CCLS) in the hospital setting.
She graduated from Lubbock Christian University with a degree in Child Development & Family Studies. Deanna completed her internship at Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas.
A mother of two girls, Deanna also teaches yoga. Learn more about Deanna and meet our other professional staff.
P.S. Connect with and support Wonders & Worries at these upcoming events!
- Wonders & Worries’ Unmasked Gala – Friday, Feb. 23, JW Marriott Austin
- Amplify Austin Day – Thursday & Friday, March 1 & 2, Online giving
- Survive & Thrive Cancer Symposium, Saturday, March 3, Austin
- NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes – Saturday & Sunday, April 7 & 8, Austin
- Recognizing & Reducing Anxiety in Children and Teens – Friday, April 13, San Antonio
- Preparing Children & Teens for the Loss of a Loved One – Thursday, April 26, Austin – Registration opens soon
- Wonders & Worries’ Family Urban Scavenger Hunt – Sunday, May 6, Central Texas