Teen Leadership Council
Rooted in the idea of training the next generation of volunteers and philanthropists, The Teen Leadership Council is a partnership between Wonders & Worries and local teens in the 9th through 12th grades. Members of Teen Leadership Council agree to a $500 Teen Leadership Council contribution and a designated time commitment to Wonders & Worries.
During their academic year commitment on Teen Leadership Council, members will:
- Earn service hours by working together on a Wonders & Worries event
- Learn about giving back to the community through their time, talent, and resources as they plan and execute a Teen Leadership Council-sponsored fundraiser for Wonders & Worries.
- Develop transferable leadership and business skills while learning how to advocate and raise awareness to support children through a parent’s illness.
- Teens are eligible to receive 20 hours of community service credit through their participation on the Teen Leadership Council. Up to 10 additional service hours can be earned by participating in other Wonders & Worries activities.
- Kick-off Event – September 2019
- Overview of Non-Profits – October 2019
- Leadership Meeting – November 2019
- Volunteerism & Philanthropy Meeting – December 2019
- Fundraiser Planning/Project Management – February 2020
- Fundraiser Planning/Marketing – March 2020
- Teen Council Fundraiser – Early April 2020
- Fundraiser Recap and Celebration Meeting – May 2020
- Urban Scavenger Hunt – May 2020
*The November Leadership Meeting, February & March Planning Meeting, Teen Leadership Council Fundraiser, and Urban Scavenger Hunt are required events. If you have a conflict with one of these dates, please contact us in advance.
Starting in October, all meetings will be held on a regular schedule of the second Monday of every month.
For more detailed description of the Teen Council and our monthly meetings, download the Teen Council overview.