Teen Leadership Council
Registration is now open for the 2021-2022 academic year. Register now!
Rooted in the idea of training the next generation of volunteers and philanthropists, The Teen Leadership Council is a partnership between Wonders & Worries and local teens in the 9th through 12th grades. Members of Teen Leadership Council agree to a $500 Teen Leadership Council contribution and a designated time commitment to Wonders & Worries.
During their academic year commitment on Teen Leadership Council, members will:
- Earn service hours by working together on a Wonders & Worries event
- Learn about giving back to the community through their time, talent, and resources as they plan and execute two Teen Council sponsored fundraisers for Wonders & Worries (one virtual and one in person)
- Develop transferable leadership and business skills while learning how to advocate and raise awareness to support children through a parent’s illness.
- Teens are eligible to receive 20 hours of community service credit through their participation on the Teen Leadership Council. Up to 10 additional service hours can be earned by participating in other Wonders & Worries activities.
- Kick-off Event – September 2021
- Overview of Non-Profits, Volunteerism & Philanthropy – October 2021
- Digital Marketing & Online Fundraisers – November 2021
- Teen Council Online Fundraiser – November 2021
- Leadership – December 2021
- Fundraiser Planning/Project Management – February 2022
- Fundraiser Planning/Marketing – March 2022
- Teen Council In-Person Fundraiser – Early April 2022
- Fundraiser Recap and Celebration Meeting – May 2022
- Urban Scavenger Hunt – May 2022
*The November Fundraiser Meeting, February & March Planning Meeting, Teen Leadership Council Fundraiser, and Urban Scavenger Hunt are required events. If you have a conflict with one of these dates, please contact us in advance.
Starting in October, all meetings will be held on a regular schedule of the second Monday of every month from 7:00-8:30 either in-person or virtually depending on prevailing health conditions.