Child Life Practicum
What We Offer
Wonders & Worries offers child life practicum opportunities three times per year: fall, spring and summer. Practicum students commit to 15 to 20 unpaid hours per week for the semester. We do not offer an internship at Wonders & Worries.
What to Expect
Practicum students work closely with Wonders & Worries’ certified child life specialists, shadowing and providing support for individual and group sessions as well as family-focused events. Wonders & Worries is considered an alternative or non-traditional practicum setting.
What We’re Looking For
An ideal applicant has a strong foundation in child development and previous experience with child life in a hospital setting — either through a hospital-based child life practicum or volunteer work.
Beginning Summer 2019, the following are required for application submissions:
- A 250-300 word letter of intent
- Resume with GPA
- Completed a minimum of 100 hours in a hospital-based practicum
- Completed TACLP Practicum Application
- Have TWO professionals email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The Child Life Practicum Reference Form, and
- A letter of recommendation
- Applicants are expected to have a GPA of 3.2 or higher
In other words, EACH professional will need to send both the reference form and letter of recommendation, for a total of TWO reference forms and TWO letters of recommendation per applicant.
Our practicum application and offer deadlines follow the internship deadlines set by the Association of Child Life Professionals, but with a 2-week delay:
- Application deadline is September 19, 2020
- Offer date is October 27, 2020
- Application deadline is January 19, 2021
- Offer date is February 23, 2021
- Application deadline is March 29, 2021
- Offer date is May 18, 2021
How to Apply
To apply for a Wonders & Worries practicum, please send a letter of intent, resume with GPA, two Child Life Practicum Reference Forms and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com with the subject line Practicum Application.
Please include all of the above items in one email if possible with the reference forms and letters of recommendation sent by the referral.