Child Life Practicum
What We Offer
Wonders & Worries offers child life practicum opportunities three times per year: fall, spring and summer. Practicum students commit to 15 to 20 unpaid hours per week for the semester. We do not offer an internship at Wonders & Worries.
What to Expect
Practicum students work closely with Wonders & Worries’ certified child life specialists, shadowing and providing support for individual and group sessions as well as family-focused events. Wonders & Worries is considered an alternative or non-traditional practicum setting.
What We’re Looking For
An ideal applicant has a strong foundation in child development and previous experience with child life in a hospital setting — either through a hospital-based child life practicum or volunteer work.
Beginning Summer 2019, the following are required for application submissions:
- A 250-300 word letter of intent
- Resume with GPA
- Completed TACLP Practicum Application
- Two Child Life Practicum Reference Forms emailed by the referral to email@example.com
- Applicants are expected to have a GPA of 3.2 or higher
Our practicum application and offer deadlines follow the internship deadlines set by the Association of Child Life Professionals, but with a 2-week delay:
- Application deadline is September 19, 2019
- Offer date is October 22, 2019
- Application deadline is January 19, 2020
- Offer date is February 25, 2020
- Application deadline is March 29, 2020
- Offer date is May 19, 2020
How to Apply
To apply for a Wonders & Worries practicum, please send a letter of intent, resume with GPA, and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Practicum Application. Please include all of the above items in one email if possible.