New tax laws impact your donations starting Jan. 1, 2018
Posted on Dec 27, 2017
A message from Wonders & Worries’ board member and tax expert, Ross Buchholtz, CPA:
As of Dec. 22, 2017, there are new tax laws that will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2018. The change will be most apparent to taxpayers who itemize their deductions and give small to moderate amounts to charity.1
Some of the changes could reduce the tax benefit you receive for charitable contributions made to organizations you support — if you donate after Dec. 31, 2017.
Wonders & Worries relies on support from members of the community like you. That’s why we want you to know about the changes and take advantage of the favorable tax laws that remain in place until Dec. 31, 2017.
Four easy ways to make your gift in the next few days:
- Donate Online 24/7 at wondersandworries.org/donate
- Mail a Check to Wonders & Worries, 9101 Burnet Rd. Suite 107, Austin, TX 78758
- Call and give over the phone: 512-329-5757, Ext. 202
- Drop off a donation in person through Friday at the main office, between 9am – 5pm at 9101 Burnet Rd., Suite 107, Austin, TX 78758.
Email them to Penney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ross has generously agreed to field your tax questions.
- Hayden Adams. New Tax Rules: Should You Change Your Charitable Giving Plans? Dec. 21, 2017